Friday, January 13, 2006

The Night of the centipede

With numerous legs and hairs it was there moving in my room. It was the centipede!! The look of it scared me a lot. Getting down on a major task, I along with a friend took a broomstick and slipper trying to kill. Hiding inside a pack of polythene bag it was safely escaping from our eyes. "There it goes, beat it," was the repeated dialogue of mine. "I think it must be knowing Tamil. See how it understands what we speak and escapes," told a friend adding oil to the fire. Fully terrified, I picked up the phone and called another friend of mine for help. "oh that one, it was looking so cute and sweet. I saw it in the morning. Please don't kill" she said. Frustrated and filled with fear I jumped over the bed determined not to get down till that goes away from room. The chicky-chicky centipede happily went under the cot. Must be thinking it was the safe haven. Tired after a great effort went to a deep sleep filled with nightmares of centipede.

No comments: